Online & MOTO FAQs
I have forgotten my password, how can I reset it?
1. Go to: https://www.paymate.com/myacct/index.php?option=com_resetpassword
2. Enter the email address that is registered for your account and select ‘Continue’.
You will be sent an email that contains a link to reset your password.
3. Open the email and select the link.
You will be directed to a page to enter a new password.
4. Enter and re-enter your new password.
Please note: the password must be between 6 – 8 characters and contain both letters and numbers.
5. Go to: https://www.paymate.com/myacct/index.php?option=com_paymatelogin and log in with your Username and password.
Please note: if you have forgotten your username contact Customer Service on: 1800 240 112 (9am – 5pm Mon – Fri, Sydney Local time)
Can you increase your limits for High Volume Sellers?
Increasing Limits for High Volume Merchants
Paymate provides sellers in Australia the ability to receive credit card payments online, with a limit of $20,000 per month for all Account Types.
Some sellers may need higher limits and we can approve a higher limit if they satisfy our risk assessment.
Additional information that we may ask you for to approve a limit increase
- The nature of your business and products and services sold online.
- Countries from which you expect to receive payments.
- Average dollar value of payments you expect to receive.
- Monthly dollar value of payments you expect to receive.
- The maximum period between when you receive payment and when you ship your goods or deliver services.
- Financial statements about your business.
- Trade References.
- Your history of online payments with Paymate or other payments provider.
Paymate does not guarantee that all applicants will be granted increased limits, which may need to be approved by a financial institution.
Since conditions vary from country to country, we can provide more information on requirements when you apply for a limit increase.
Special Terms & Conditions
Both Paymate and our bank may impose special terms and conditions for receipt of payments with an increased limit. These may include a reserve account where we hold a security deposit against potential chargebacks. You may also need to execute additional merchant agreements.
Limit Review Application
To apply for a limit review application, please contact [email protected]
Are there any business types you don't accept?
There are certain areas or industries that are deemed unacceptable because of Bank and Card Scheme rules and restrictions. In most cases this is due to the business category being susceptible to high levels of charge backs and/or fraudulent card activity.
You can see the complete list here
How long after a transaction will I get the money deposited into my account?
Time Taken to Pay Sellers
Paymate Sellers will get paid according to the following schedule, to improve the consistency of the process by allowing for inherent delays that may be caused by the banking system. Payment authorizations will continue to be made the same day or a day later in most cases, so there should be no impact on the ability of sellers to ship against approved orders.
Paymate Fraud Check Process
When a buyer makes a payment to your registered email address, Paymate will first assess fraud risk via our proven risk management systems. On approval, we will submit the payment to our bank for authorization. We will send you and your buyer emails to notify the payment status at each stage. After the payment is authorised by the bank, the funds will be credited directly to your registered bank account.
AUD Payments: Will be paid 1 business day after payment approval.The daily deadline is 3pm Sydney Time which means that payments authorised after this time will be treated as received the next day.
Note that payments approved on Saturday/Sunday/Monday are treated as if approved on Monday. Also, banks do not credit bank accounts on weekends or public holidays, and some banks may take another day to show an updated bank balance online.
$AUD Standard Payments: Will be paid overnight after payment approval. Note that conditions apply to qualify as a “Straight Through Payment”
Foreign Currency Payments ($USD, €EUR, £GBP, $NZD): Will be paid 1 business days after payment approval. Note that payments approved on Saturday/Sunday/Monday are treated as if approved on Monday. Also, banks do not credit bank accounts on weekends or public holidays, and some banks may take another day to show an updated bank balance online.
New Zealand Sellers
NZD Payments: Will be paid one (1) business day after payment approval.The daily deadline is 3pm NZST, which means that payments authorised after this time will be treated as received the next day. Note that payments approved on Saturday/Sunday/Monday are treated as if approved on Monday. Also, banks do not credit bank accounts on weekends or public holidays, and some banks may take another day to show an updated bank balance online.
Why is my Paymate Account suspended?
Paymate Account Suspension
If Paymate suspends your account, you will not be able to log into www.paymate.com. If your account is suspended, you should contact [email protected]
The risk management team at Paymate may suspend your account for a variety of reasons, mainly to protect our clients. Common reasons include:
- You have not responded to one or more buyers whose complaints we have forwarded to your registered email address.
- You have not responded to a request for more information to enable us to assess your account relative to some payments received.
- You do not meet the minimum requirements for merchant approval.
- You have changed what you said you were selling in your original merchant application.
- You are selling a product or service in our list of unacceptable business types
- Your website has been shut down.
If you can contact us and explain the situation, we will review the account and let you know if we can activate your Paymate account again.
How do I process a Refund?
- The transaction ID
- The amount to be refunded
NEW ZEALAND MERCHANTS
For us to process a refund for Online or MOTO transactions, please deposit the amount you wish to refund into our account and we will refund the buyers card.
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0857531-000
Failure to provide these details may result in the refund being delayed
What is a chargeback?
A chargeback, occurs when a buyer asks their bank to reverse a credit card transaction that has already cleared. A buyer may file a chargeback with their card issuer based on credit card association regulations and timeframes.
A chargeback is a process that is granted to a cardholder by their credit card company and is initiated outside of Paymate and unfortunately Paymate can’t control the outcome. Paymate will always try to resolve a chargeback by discussing the issue with the buyer. If the case is settled in favour of the buyer, Paymate will reverse the funds to the buyer’s credit card.
Two common reasons for reversals or chargebacks are:
- A buyer’s credit card number is stolen and used fraudulently
- A buyer makes a purchase, but believes that the seller failed to fulfil their side of the agreement (for example, they did not get the item, or received an item that was very different from the seller’s description or the item was damaged when the buyer received it)
All sellers who accept credit card payments run the risk of being liable for chargebacks.
Chargebacks are among the unfortunate costs of doing business. Many sellers factor this cost into their business risk model.
Certain laws and credit card issuer policies usually allow buyers to file chargebacks weeks, or sometimes months, after the initial transaction occurs.
Still can't find what you're looking for?
Alternatively email us at [email protected]